Future-Proofing Your Business: Leveraging Microsoft 365’s Scalability and Flexibility
With over 89% of the market share, Microsoft 365 is the cornerstone of a massive amount of offices worldwide.
The core tools provided within Microsoft’s 365 packages are key components of the business world, and Microsoft’s focus on the future of technology means that any business looking for a solution that will enable their business’s future will find nothing better than 365 to invest their time and infrastructure into.
In this blog, we’re going to go over the ins and outs of Microsoft 365 and how it will enable your organisation to be more flexible and resilient headed towards the future. We’ll also look at how you can get started with Microsoft 365 today.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 — formerly known as Microsoft Office 365 — is Microsoft’s product family containing software and services such as Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, and the Office family of applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Where formerly, businesses would be able to buy Microsoft Office licenses for life as a one-time cost, the move to 365 has enabled Microsoft to introduce more cost-effective and affordable subscription services, allowing organisations to turn Microsoft 365 more effectively into an operational expenditure.
Microsoft 365 being a service rather than simply a one-time product also has meant that organisations can much more easily receive updates and upgrades for their existing 365 apps — as well as easily being able to receive new features and tools.
As well as this, Microsoft 365 also comes with vital tools such as Microsoft Defender to ensure that your business is equipped for whatever you need.
Microsoft 365 Features and Functionality
Microsoft 365 comes packed with features and applications that you can use within your organisation, which include —
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise: The core Microsoft app suite, Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise is the main bundle of tools that are included within Microsoft 365. With ex-Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and other Microsoft tools such as Teams and Outlook, these tools are the cornerstone of any modern business.
- Microsoft 365 OneDrive: All Microsoft 365 features come with 1TB of OneDrive storage, meaning that you can fully utilise the power of cloud-based storage within your organisation.
- Microsoft 365 Groups: Microsoft 365 Groups will allow you to connect employees and users, bridging information and enhancing productivity and discoverability throughout your organisation.
- Microsoft Forms: With Microsoft Forms, you can easily create registrations, surveys, quizzes, and other types of forms. You can fully integrate this with other Microsoft applications such as Excel to make the most of your forms.
- Delve: Delve is a fully customized search and discovery tool that uses Office Graph to find new content.
- Microsoft Graph API: Microsoft Graph API helps you build apps that connect intelligence and resources throughout your organisation with ease.
- Microsoft Kaizala: Microsoft Kaizala is a mobile work management app, which enables you to connect people both within and outside of your organisation with ease.
- Microsoft Power Platform (Apps/Automate/BI): The Microsoft Power Platform is a key toolset that is great for any organisation looking to use powerful automation and AI analysis tools to further unlock their organisation’s potential.
With these tools and many more available to your organisation, it’s clear that Microsoft 365 can help fully unlock the potential of every aspect of your organisation.
How to Leverage Microsoft 365 for Scalability and Flexibility
Make the Move to the Cloud
The cloud is the future. Organisations are looking towards the cloud as the solution for many business problems, and cloud computing is rising to be essential for any business. Microsoft 365 is fully cloud-enabled and utilises the cloud to allow your business to be more flexible and powerful than ever.
With OneDrive and Azure integration, Microsoft 365 puts the cloud into the palm of your organisation’s hands. With this, your organisation will have a solid path towards the cloud-based future.
Work From Anywhere
As businesses have become more remote and hybrid, flexible solutions have become more important than ever. Whether you’re working from home or even simply working at another office, being able to access your files and programs from anywhere makes working so much easier.
Microsoft 365’s cloud-based features make it so easy to work from wherever you need to. Simply just access your files using OneDrive and access the web-based 365 applications to seamlessly continue your work from anywhere.
Stay Compliant and Secure
Using Microsoft 365’s compliance portal, you can easily ensure that you’re compliant and use Microsoft Defender to remain secure, meaning that you can easily make sure that these two vital components of your organisation are covered.
The Purview compliance portal is easy to use and easily gives you access to tools to ensure that you’re compliant with everything that you need to be, while also letting you review your files and storage to make sure that everything is correctly classified.
Microsoft’s many security features including Intune admin centre and Azure Active Directory mean that there are lots of effective ways to control access to Microsoft 365 and keep your company secure and protected.
Conditional access tools also let you control exactly who gets to access what within your organisation, meaning that you can effectively apply security throughout every aspect of your organisation’s IT infrastructure — including the principle of least privilege, which is vital for any organisation’s security considerations.
How We Can Help
Microsoft 365 is a great suite of applications and tools that can truly help your business move forward into the modern business world. If you’re not utilising 365 already, now is the best time to get started with getting to grips with it.
If you’re looking for a helping hand with Microsoft 365, get in touch with us today. Our experts will be able to help you through the whole process of licensing and integrating Microsoft 365 into your organisation and will be able to provide you with quality expertise along the way.